|Altamont Vineyards & Winery logo.|
The three-day event, which will include judging of the work of the following chefs on Friday evening:
- Yono Purnomo of Yono's and DP: An American Brasserie, both in Albany.
- Marla Ortega of Illium Café and Illium Wine Bar, both in Troy.
- Ryan Huneau, corporate chef for the Mallozzi Family Restaurants.
- Elliott Cuniff of Creo in Guilderland.
- Giovanni Morina of Gio's Culinary Studio in Voorheesville.
Visitors will begin arriving at 6:15 p.m. for hors d' oeuvres and tasting of martinis and distillery samplings as well as viewing silent auction items and art exhibits.
The larger part of the tent area will be opened at 7:15 for guests to begin food and wine samplings, and at 8:45 the competition results will be announced and a live auction begun.
Event coordinator Franca DiCrescenzo suggests visitors to the business casual event "wear comfortable shoes as the event will be held on grass and stone surfaces under the tent."
On Saturday and Sunday, the grounds will open at 11 a.m. for visitors to tour the facility and sample Altamont's wines.
A portion of the proceeds of the event will go to the Wildwood Foundation, a lifelong learning center. Tickets are $85, and available online or by calling 355-8100.
Altamont Vineyards & Winery is located at 3001 Furbeck Road, reachable from Route 20 in Guilderland by turning south on Settles Hill Road, then making a right turn onto Furbeck.