That may have been a testament to its long history as a hangout for Democratic pols and a small-city downtown that had, to put it nicely, seen better days.
Now, with the emergence of more businesses and the introduction of a menu that crosses all sorts of nationalities -- everything from shepherd's pie to pierogis to St. Louis-style ribs to all sorts of Amer-Italian entrees -- things are different at Smith’s.
Patrons will get a chance to try something else different there when it offers a special dinner paired with beers from Olde Saratoga Brewing at 6 p.m. Wednesday, October 24. The price for five courses with beer pairings is $55, including tax and tip.
- Fall butternut squash soup, paired with Saratoga Lager
- Redtail Louisiana BBQ shrimp, paired with Red Tail Ale
- Boneless short ribs over demi garlic mashed potatoes, paired with Imperial IPA
- Cider-glazed pork shank with polenta and baby veggies, paired with Imperial Barley Wine
- House-made triple chocolate cake, paired with Black Hawk Stout