More than 20 different chowders will be ladled out to a crowd that annually numbers in the thousands and often finishes off the available supplies before the 3 p.m. official ending of the event.
|Checkmark locates the park.|
The process is simple. Pay $1 for one ticket which gets you a 3-ounce sample of chowder. You can buy as many tickets as you like, and present one at each restaurant venue. Participating restaurants and food service are required to use local fresh ingredients in their recipes. However, the cooks will be vying for top honors from a panel of veteran local food judges. The awards ceremony is set for 3 p.m.
In addition to the sampling, beverages will be available, and musicians will be performing live.
Confirmed participants as of today, and their chowders (some are entering more than one recipe):
- Bootleggers on Broadway: Philly cheesesteak chowder in a homemade bread bowl.
- Brown's Brewing Co.: Hefeweizen cheddar bacon corn chowder with chipotle garlic croutons, and, Harvest IPA Asian vegetable chowder with ginger cilantro wonton crisps.
- Finnbar's Pub: Roasted local corn and Irish sausage chowder.
- Kingsway Community: Ribeye steakhouse chowder.
- O'Brien's Public House: Shepherd’s pie chowder.
- Treviso by Mallozzi’s: Autumn pear chowder.
- Hamilton Street Café: Jamaican clam chowder.
- Potter's Tavern at Sterup Square: Butternut squash chowder.
- McGreivey's: New York cheddar chowder, and, ale chowder with applewood bacon.
- Francesca's: Chipotle corn chowder.
- Klamsteam Tavern & Marina: Klamsteam chowder (New England clam).
- Mercato's Pizzeria & Restaurant: Better Than Cape Cod clam chowder, and lentil chowder.
- Yanni's Cucina & Yanni's Too: Roasted chicken corn chowder with corn bread croutons and pancetta lardons.
- Jack's Oyster House: Cape Cod boat chowder.
- Sodexo: Corn crab chipotle chowder, and autumn roast vegetable chowder.
- Albany Pump Station: Grilled Black Angus chowder, and, steak-and-potato chowder.
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: Brisket blue chowder.