Kim Klopstock, owner-chef at Fifty South Restaurant and Bar, is one of those entrepreneurs who really gets into the process. As evidence, she is working with Michael Kilpatrick of Kilpatrick Family Farm in Middle Granville for a true "farm to table" event at 5 p.m. this Thursday (November 29).
The farm is a year-round producer of certified naturally grown vegetables.
After a buffet dinner featuring Klopstock's menu using Kilpatrick products, the farm owner will speak about his summer experience at farmer-author Joel Salatin's renowned Polyface Farms in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
Reservations are $20 per person, plus tax and tip. Fifty South is located at 2128 Doubleday Avenue (Route 50). Reservations: 884-2926.
- Kilpatrick Farm spinach dip with Sheldon farm potato chips
- Kilpatrick Farm turkey fajita soup
- Kilpatrick Farm turkey tetrazzini (Battenkill cream, Kilpatrick farm carrots, parsnip, greens instead of peas, and Pleasant Valley farm onions and garlic served with gemelli pasta
- Kilpatrick farm chicken cassoulet
- Sautéed Kilpatrick Farm spinach and greens in garlic olive oil
- Kilpatrick Farm roasted root vegetables
- Spicy kimchi using Kilpatrick farm napa cabbage
- Vegetarian pad Thai Kilpatrick Farm organic greens with macerated Kilpatrick Farm beets and chocolate chevre
- Apple crisp with Saratoga Apples
- Klopstock's brownies
- Pumpkin pie
Go here for the region's best local food & drinks events calendar.