The inaugural "North Central Holiday Celebration" is set for noon to 3, 4, 5 or 6 p.m., depending on how many of the activities you want to take in this coming Sunday, December 16.
- Brunch at Missing Link Ministry, 3370 6th Avenue, noon to 3 p.m.
- Troy Bike Rescue's Bike Giftaway, 3280 6th Avenue, noon to 4 p.m.
- Free family photos by Brenda Ann Kenneally at The Sanctuary for Independent Media, 3361 6th Avenue. Kenneally is a documentarian and interdisciplinary artist living in Brooklyn. She won the W. Eugene Smith Award in 2000 for photographers who work in the tradition of the legendary Life magazine photographer.
- Caroling by members of the Grace Baptist Church at 2 p.m.
- Tree lighting ceremonies from 5:30 to 6 p.m. at Freedom Square, 101st Street at 5th and 6th avenues.
The Bike Giftaway is for kids under age 16. They must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a bicycle which will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis.
Residents interested in the family portraits are asked to make reservations by calling 272-2390.
A toy drive box and ornament decorating will be located at The Sanctuary for Independent Media. Local residents are asked to drop off toy donations for needy North Central families between noon and 5 p.m.
Collar City Painting has donated a 12-foot Christmas tree. The North Central Uptown Initiative has donated solar white Christmas lights. Further details of the event are available online.
Go here for the region’s best local food & drinks events calendar.