Friday, January 11, 2013

Don't let Facebook book your travels

I note that the always-honest, never-bullshit-the-public-just-to-make-a-buck folks at Facebook -- whose stock in trade is blabbing to everyone anything people are stupid enough to share with them -- are telling their universe that I recently have visited Nevada, Baltimore and Long Island.

Even though all are interesting culinary destinations, it's scary that such information would be shared. It also is even scarier because they're full of shit.

I haven't been to any of those places recently. Hell, I haven't been to Baltimore, for example, in more than 20 years. But, I do have some delightful memories of food cruising at the Lexington Market and dining in Little Italy near the glittering Inner Harbor.

Maybe I'll visit again soon, and Facebook can "report" on it in about 2033.

Go here for the region’s best local food & drinks events calendar.


No comments:

Post a Comment