Thursday, January 24, 2013

What's a Del Taco? Nothing for you to worry about

A reader inquires:

"I have heard mentions on at least two TV shows recently about Del Taco, which I assume is a Tex-Mex restaurant chain. Since I've never seen one, I assume it's a West Coast thing?"

I noticed the same thing on a recent rerun of "The Big Bang Theory," one of my many guilty pleasures. It was part of a typical indigestion joke, the cheap laugh type so often tossed out at the expense of the (fill in the name) fastfood chain.

Del Taco gets a lot of mentions because so many shows are shot in California, but the company has locations in only 17 states, none of them in the Northeast. The accompanying map from Del Taco shows the states in which it operates.

Go here for the region’s best local food & drinks events calendar.


1 comment:

  1. Well, I'll say this for Del Taco: it's not Taco Bell.

    And I did kind of get into their soft taco Tuesday special one summer when driving past a Del Taco on the way to an internship in Santa Monica, but that feels like a lifetime ago.

    El Pollo Loco is the one I really miss from those days in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete