A small inside-business posting -- that the Jimmy John's sandwich chain might be up for sale -- wound up as the most-read posting in September on "Notes On Napkins."
Perhaps readers were in a business-news mood that day, because it posted roughly 75% more hits than the second-most-read posting, a report on a new enterprise by chef/entrepreneur Ric Orlando.
Here are the rest of the top 10 most-read postings for the month. If you missed any of them, simply click on the specific headline to go to it.
3. Update: TU makes public appeal for critic candidates
4. Update 2: Ribbon-cutting for new Cohoes wine bar
5. One Six Five to debut 'NYS Craft Draught' Saturdays
6. When art meets food and wine ...
7. Baco Noir: An unsung gem among New York wines
8. Multi price-point Troy Restaurant Week begins Sunday
9. New USPS stamp set will honor famous chefs
10. Scott Conant developing Catskills resort restaurant