Food & Drink in New York's Greater Capital Region (and sometimes beyond)
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Today's ride on the Capital Region foodie-go-round
• A Delmar restaurant under development for much of the year should open in about two weeks, according to the Times Union. O’Slattery’s Irish Restaurant & Pub, located at 318 Delaware Avenue in the Main Square Shoppes plaza, is in the final stages of work. Owner William "Liam" Slattery says the pub will offer 20 beers on tap, another dozen by the bottle, and a menu of traditional Irish dishes, pub fare, and weekend brunch. You can get more details about the project in a story I posted back in April.
Menu additions from chains operating in the greater Capital Region.
• Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (through December) -- Spiced Pepper Barrel Tenders (three chicken breast strips marinated in Tabasco spice, battered, breaded, fried and served with Cajun fries, buttermilk biscuit and Smok'n Pepper Ranch Dipping Sauce, $4.99).
• Burger 21 (Through December) -- • Turkey Decadence Burger, pictured (turkey patty with romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, honey mustard, melted goat cheese and Momma Lynn’s kitchen sink chutney on a brioche bun, $6.99 to $7.99, depending on location), Pumpkin Pie Shake (vanilla ice cream, graham cracker, pumpkin butter, sugar and autumn spices spun into a milkshake and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar, $4.49 to $5.49 for a small, $4.99 to $5.99 for a regular).
• IHOP (Through January 3; prices vary by location) -- Chicken & Pumpkin Spice Waffle, pictured (Belgian waffle made with pumpkin, topped with pumpkin spice sugar and candied pecans, served with fried white meat chicken), Banana Bread French Toast (banana bread with cinnamon bits dipped in vanilla French toast batter, grilled and topped with caramel sauce, powdered sugar and whipped topping), Pumpkin Spice Waffle (Belgian waffle made with pumpkin and sprinkled with pumpkin spice sugar and whipped topping), Pumpkin Waffle Sundae (pumpkin Belgian waffle topped with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, candied pecans and pumpkin spice sugar).
• Johnny Rockets (Through January 3; prices vary by location) -- Philly Cheesesteak Loaded Street Fries, pictured (a plate of fries topped with grilled, thinly sliced sirloin steak, melted provolone cheese, grilled mushrooms, caramelized onions and grilled green peppers, all covered in warm Cheddar cheese sauce, $7.59-$10.79),Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich (thinly sliced grilled sirloin steak mixed with caramelized onions and green peppers topped with melted provolone cheese on an Amoroso roll, $7.09-$10.49), Chipotle Chicken Sandwich (grilled chicken breast topped with caramelized onions, melted pepper Jack cheese, chipotle ranch sauce, thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat bun, $6.99-$9.99), Salted Caramel Shake (vanilla ice cream, vanilla extract, salted caramel syrup and sauce, topped with mini pretzels and pretzel rods, $4.99-5.99 for adult size, $3.59-$4.29 for kids’ size).