Saturday, January 2, 2016

'Celebri-quotes On Drinking' returns for the new year

First 'quotees' of the new year.
To ring in the new year, I'm bringing back "Celebri-quotes On Drinking" after a two-year absence.

Personalities from all walks of life -- film, music, literature, cuisine, and so on -- often utter interesting comments about adult beverages and drinking in general. "CQOD" was alive and kicking for five years before I turned my attention to some other efforts. It's back because I seem to be coming across more quotes than ever on the topic -- most of them fresh, some found in reference collections.

Examples of some current ones:
• Pop singer Taylor Swift, confirming that, yes, she does indeed drink now and then. "Yeah, I was at a Knicks game and I had a beer and everyone was like, 'Ohhh!' I was like 'Tsk'."

• Singer and fashionista Katy Perry says, "There's a certain point in your life when you just turn to red wine. I love a nice Malbec."

• Businesswoman and gossip site personality Kim Kardashian says she doesn't drink much, but "I think my sisters do enough drinking to kind of fill up the whole family."
On the CQOD blog, Johnny Depp, Anthony Bourdain, and the late Rodney Dangerfield quotes have been posted to kick off the return of the feature. Go here to read them and the whole archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment