The dinner, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, February 10, will be served family style, with foods paired with Chinese beers from DeCrescente Distributing of Mechanicville. Reservations, priced at $55 plus tax and tip, are required, and may be made by calling 482-8000. Creo' is located in Stuyvesant Plaza, just off the Western Avenue entrance.
The actual Chinese New Year, more formally known as the Lunar New Year and celebrated throughout Asia, this year will fall on February 8, ushering in the year of the monkey, or fire monkey. In many communities that day is the first day of week-long festivities.
The Creo' menu:
- Egg Drop Soup -- corn, crab, and eggs
- Honey Lacquered Duck -- crispy honey-roasted whole duck
- Sweet and Sour Pork -- crispy pork tossed with pineapple and broccoli
- Singapore Noodles -- with ham, snow peads, and red peppers, tossed in a curry sauce
- Nasi Goring -- Indonesian-style fried rice
- Sweet Noodles -- spaghetti in spicy sweet sauce
- Whole Fish -- porgie steamed with soy sauce, ginger, and scallions
- Chili Prawns -- head-on prawns sautéed with black pepper
- Crispy Calamari -- served with a sweet chili dipping sauce
- Choy Sum -- an Asian vegetable and green with garlic and chilis
- Steamed Bok Choy
• Go here for the Capital Region Food & Drink Events Calendar.