The event is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, February 18-19.
Visitors can start their tour at any of the wineries, where they'll be given an embossed souvenir tasting glass. Then at each winery, they will be able to taste up to four local wines and sample different cheese-inflected items. Overall, 28 wine samples and more than a dozen food samples are planned.
The current menu, with more items to be added closer to the event:
• McGregor Vineyard: tartiflette (a French potato and brie dish) and dark chocolate cheesecakeRavines Wine Cellar and Heron Hill Winery also are Trail members.
• Keuka Spring: tri-color cheese tortellini with vodka sauce and sun-dried tomato pesto, mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette, Valentine's Day chocolate
• Hunt Country: manicotti with red sauce, baguette, chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars
• Vineyard View: antipasto skewer of Bel Ceillo cheese, olive, and artichoke and mini tomato soup with Red Buddy grilled cheese
• Point of the Bluff: roasted tomato and fennel soup with Parmesan cream
Ticket prices vary according to package selected. Go here for details and to choose a starting winery.
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook