This portion is the "Best Brewers" worldwide category. Go here and here for other results released earlier this week in which the Suarez Family Brewery of Livingston, Columbia County, did wonderfully.
Two Brooklyn entites are ranked among the top 10, and two other New York State brewers join them in the top 100 category.
According to the competition rules, "The summarization is based on 10 different weighted scales that place an emphasis on reviews of the past year and top performing beers. It also includes historical all-around performance, a brewer's range of performance across styles, and other factors to compare newer and older, larger and smaller brewers under a single method of processing. The winners here are presented as an ordered top 10 and unordered top 100. The members of this list reflect the top performing brewers of more than 22,500 listed at RateBeer.
The top 10, in order:
- Hill Farmstead Brewery, Greensboro, VT
- Cycle Brewing, St. Petersburg, FL
- Trillium Brewing Company, Boston, MA
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, FL
- Cloudwater Brew Company, Manchester, England
- Brouwerij de Molen, Bidegraven, Netherlands
- De Garde Brewing, Tillamook, OR
- Three Floyds Brewing Company, Munster, IN
- Evil Twin Brewing, Brooklyn, NY
- Other Half Brewing, Brooklyn, NY
- Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown
- Southern Tier Brewing, Lakewood, Chautauqua County
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook