Each item, at various price points, offers three wine samples plus a specific small plate. Then, if you want to order a full glass of wine from among those sampled, you get a nine-ounce pour at the six-ounce price.
• Italian Classics -- Riondo Prosecco, Pieropan Soave , Santa Cristina Chianti Superiore, paired with arancini (stuffed rice balls), $9.99.In the Capital Region, Carrabba's is located at 675 Troy Schenectady Road (Route 7). Open daily from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Phone: (518) 785-8886.
• World of Wine -- Belleruche Rosé, Layer Cake Malbec, CasaSmith Barbera, paired with grilled asparagus with prosciutto, $11.99.
• Uncork California -- Coppola Votre Santé Pinot Noir, Joel Gott Zinfandel, Sequoia Grove Cabernet Sauvignon, paired with meatballs and ricotta, $12.99.
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook