The announcement notes that the salads and dressings are free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.
The new items are a selection of freshly prepared recipes created by Blaze's executive chef Bradford Kent, made with in-season produce -- so they will vary periodically, tossed with dressing to order, and are available as either a full-size entrée or side salad portion. Another option is ordering any of the Simple Salads is a "pizza salad" served on a warm garlic pesto and Parmesan crust.
For those unfamiliar with the Blaze methodology, pizzas are created using fresh, made-from-scratch dough, topped by an assembly line group of "pizzasmiths," popped in a super-hot oven for 180 seconds, and you're served. (Go here to see a video of the process that I posted back in 2015.)
Among the first new salads:
• Tomato & Mozzarella (baby arugula, romaine, cherry tomatoes, ovalini mozzarella, roasted red pepper and basil pesto vinaigrette)
• Arugula & Fresh Fruit (baby arugula, seasonal fruit, goat cheese and balsamic glaze)
• BLT Cobb (applewood smoked bacon and buttermilk ranch dressing)
• Classic Caesar (romaine, Parmesan, asiago croutons and Caesar dressing)
• Kale, Quinoa & Cranberries (a vegan offering with kale, red quinoa, dried cranberries and a citrus vinaigrette)
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook