Friday, May 5, 2017

Long-run Vermont restaurateur calling it quits

Monica Lamay
In restaurant terms, a run of a decade or more is a big deal. Sonoma Station, the Richmond, VT, restaurant that bills itself as making “simply elegant new American cuisine,” has topped that figure, but will close following service on  May 27 after 11 years in business.

Chef/owner Monica Lamay said the space will be taken over by Friday Richmond Community Kitchen, a member-supported operation .run by Amy Gifford and Susan Whitman.

“It’s just time for me to do something different. I’m not sure what I’m doing next,” Lamay said in an announcement. “I’m sure I’ll be cooking in some aspect. It’s just a matter of what avenue I choose.”

Lamay, a native of  Burlington, is a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute, cooked in California and Boston before returning home. She opened Sonoma Station in 2006. It is located at 99 Bridge Street in Richmond, about 13 miles southeast of Burlington. Phone: 802-434-5949.

• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment