Thursday, June 15, 2017

Another phony Facebook tool put me where I wasn't

Facebook has its uses, but it probably has more misuses. Often by Facebook itself.

The latest instance that personally touched me is shown above. It just popped up on my Facebook page. The problem with it? Although I have heard only nice things about Maria Papa and her More Perrecca's restaurant in Schenectady, I never have met her, and never been in her establishment.

This is one of many phishing tools Facebook uses to create click bait: i.e., drive user traffic to its gazillions of pages and get paid by advertisers based on how many they can dupe.

So, sorry, Maria. I don 't blame you. Just be careful of Facebook.
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment