Thursday, July 6, 2017

Mallozzis opening sweet shop in downtown Schenectady

Olivia Mallozzi
The Mallozzi family is about to open a neighbor to its Johnny's Restaurant in Schenectady, but this venture will be strictly a sweet one.

Cocobar, a small dessert shop at 433 State Street managed by Olivia Mallozzi, is nearly completed and plans call for an early-August debut. Mallozzi, 19, a student at Schenectady County Community College, reportedly plans to reduce her school schedule for now while she launches the business, located around the corner from the family's Villa Italia bakery where she has worked.

Olivia, daughter of John Mallozzi, is the third generation in the family business.

“I knew I wanted to dip my toes in the water,” she told the Daily Gazette. “I wanted to try to do what they do. I love working with people, I like being with our family. There’s not really anything else I want to do.”

Cocobar will feature such items as dipped chocolates, chocolate and vanilla soft-serve custard, and roasted nuts with a cinnamon-sugar coating.
• Go here to visit the Capital Region Brew Trail
• Go here to visit Dowd On Drinks
• Go here to visit Dowd's New York Wines Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment